Our firm is the registered agent for most Associations we represent as well as a number of small businesses. There are a number of reasons to consider incorporation. Due to the limitations of this space, however, our firm would prefer to provide a checklist of the information needed before contacting the Secretary of State and the Internal Revenue Service. The information you will need includes the following:
- Proposed name of company;
- Address for the company;
- Registered agent for company;
- Address of registered agent;
- Purpose for business to be conducted;
- Number of employees;
- Fiscal year start and end months;
- Name and address for president, Secretary/Treasurer, Manager, and Member (dependent upon type of company being formed); and
- Social Security Number for principal.
Once our office has this information, we can submit the Articles of Incorporation or Articles of Agreement and request a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) (comparable to a Social Security Number for the company). This is needed to open a bank account for the company and to issue checks.